Sunday 12 June 2011

Heres An Incredibly Good URL To See When You Have To Relax

Learning to bake from your family is a labor of love, passed down through the ages, but is quickly becoming a lost art form. I have long been in love with steaming, its proper measurements, exacting science, and scope of methods has continually had me learning, teaching, and savoring each idea that has been thoroughly crafted. Standing right at the counter with my mother and aunts in the sun-filled kitchen, I observed the intricacies of each and every nuance, from a pastry shell, to a cookie dough, to a decadent mixed berry filled crisp. Each instruction of the recipe bursting with rudimentary knowledge, awaiting an opportunity to fill my mind as easily as the aroma of freshly baking pie filled the entire house with its mouthwatering essence. Each time I happen upon someone purchasing pre-packaged cookie dough, I can just see what my great grandmother would have said, how she would have laughed for hours at the notion that some pie from a convenience store could replace the thousands of hours I remained together with her, or the motherly love which goes into the cakes we created: http://ping.fm/VJZBv

No comments:

Post a Comment